CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION ADVICE
Connecting with your audience in another language takes more than just translation. We help you to get your message right. Before commissioning translations, ask us to check your material (print, web, video or audio) to make sure it is culturally sensitive and attractive. Our checks may cover wording as well as the use of images, symbols and colours and will ensure that you are not accidentally stepping on someone’s toes. We also help you choose the best translation option for your video: Will subtitles work well, or should you go for a voice-over? And we offer brand and product name checking through experienced in-country linguists, to make sure the names you’ve planned don’t have any unwanted connotations in your chosen market.
Languageconsult provides this advice for all major and some rare/emerging languages & markets. Let us know where you need help.
TRANSLATIONS AND RELATED PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Managing translation and localisation projects can be time-consuming, especially when multiple languages or complex file formats are involved. Don’t have a dedicated Translation Manager in your business? Contract Languageconsult to:
- select the best team of translators and reviewers specialised in your field
- create the briefs they need to produce a great translation
- create glossaries and/or lists of non-translatables as applicable
- coordinate smooth, efficient workflows between translators, reviewers and typesetters through to final proofing.
We also contract to translation agencies and LSPs who need a dedicated PM for a particular project or need extra manpower during periods of high demand or to cover leave absences.
VOICE-OVER AND SUBTITLE PRODUCTION SERVICES
Audiovisual projects, subtitling and video translation are our speciality. We help you to make sure that your films and videos don’t get lost in translation and offer a tailored service in all major and some rare/emerging languages. You may be a film maker, video producer, or have some in-house production capabilities, so feel free to ask us for any or all of the following:
- Assessment of video files for translatability and advice on the best translation option
- Timed captioning and subtitling in the source and/or target language (a range of subtitle formats can be provided)
- Burning-in of subtitles to video
- Translation and typesetting of text in images
- Video/audio transcription
- Voice-over script preparation, translation and adaptation – ready for recording
- Selection and coordination of native-speaking voice talents
- Professional studio recordings
- In-studio and remote voice direction
- Creation of final audio mix incl. sound elements or background music as applicable
- Video editing: On-screen text replacement, merging of audio files
ADDITIONAL SERVICES IN GERMAN AND ENGLISH
With specialised capabilities in-house, Languageconsult offers extended language services in German and English.
- Certified (NAATI) translations for official purposes in both directions
- Translation checking
- Localisation US/UK English to Australian English