GERMAN <> ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS AND SUBTITLING
Our core language combination. Languageconsult is your expert for German/English, in both language directions (interlingual) or within one language (intralingual). Our main services include:
- Translations, including certified (NAATI) for official purposes
- Subtitling of films and video clips including time-coding
And related services:
- Transcription of video and audio files
- Translation checking
- Localisation US/UK English to Australian English
With over 15 years of experience in German/English translation and industry-specific tools in place, we treat each project with the utmost care and commitment to provide you with a quality result. The services listed above are typically performed by native speakers of German, qualified linguists who regularly work in both language directions and hold the relevant certifications by NAATI, Australia’s National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters. With published materials and subtitles, when the target language is English and clients are not able to check/proof the final output themselves (or don’t foresee such a step in their process prior to publication), Languageconsult will be happy to involve native-speaking linguists of the relevant locale (generally U.S., U.K. or Australia) as an additional quality assurance measure.
Learn more about Languageconsult here.
MULTI-LANGUAGE CONSULTING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Connecting with your audience in another language takes more than just translation. You need something translated, possibly even into more than one language, and are not sure how to best go about it? Ask us. We provide tailored advice on the process and your options and also offer checks to ensure that your material (print, web, video or audio) is culturally sensitive and attractive. These checks may cover wording as well as the use of images, symbols and colours and will ensure that you aren’t accidentally stepping on someone’s toes. We also help you choose the best translation option for your video: Will subtitles work well, or should you go for a voice-over? And we offer brand and product name checking through experienced in-country linguists, to make sure the names you’ve planned don’t have any unwanted connotations in your chosen market.
Managing a translation project can be a daunting and time-consuming task, especially when multiple languages, complex file formats or unfamiliar scripts are involved. If you don’t have a dedicated Localisation Manager in your business or don’t know how to find the right translator, once your source material is ready to go, contract Languageconsult to:
- select the best team of translators and reviewers specialised in your field
- create the briefs they need to produce a great translation
- create glossaries and/or lists of non-translatables as applicable
- coordinate smooth, efficient workflows between translators, reviewers and typesetters and/or video editors through to final proofing.
Languageconsult provides project management and multi-language consulting for select languages including French, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and more. As a boutique provider, we work exclusively with chosen partners whom we know and trust.
SPECIALISED VIDEO TRANSLATION SERVICES
Audiovisual projects, subtitling and video translation are our speciality. With our added video translation services, we help you to make sure that your film, clip or webinar won’t become “lost in translation” and offer a tailored service in select languages. You may be a film maker, video producer, or have some in-house production capabilities, so feel free to ask us for any or all of the following:
- Assessment of video files for translatability and advice on the best translation option
- Timed captioning and subtitling in the source and/or target language (a range of subtitle formats can be provided)
- Burning-in of subtitles to video
- Translation and typesetting of on-screen text / text in images
- Video/audio transcription
- Voice-over script preparation, translation and adaptation – ready for recording
- Selection and coordination of native-speaking voice talents
- Professional voice recordings
- In-studio and remote voice direction
- Creation of final audio mix incl. sound elements or background music as applicable
- Video editing: On-screen text replacement, adding synched audio files to vision
In case we don’t cover a particular language ourselves/through our trusted partners, we know where to find more resources or can point you in the right direction. So, don’t hesitate to contact Languageconsult for a tailored quote.